The Bill of Material Upload feature allows you to upload a templated Excel file containing part numbers and their associated quantities, in order to find specific products on our website without having to search. This feature is beneficial to customers who know the part numbers of the products they purchase regularly.
- 1. Once you are logged in, click MY ACCOUNT in the top right corner
- 2. Select QUICK ORDER/BOM from the drop down menu
- 3. Once the page has loaded, click “Bill of Material Upload”
- 4. Click here to download the template
- 5, An Excel file will download to your computer. Open the file and enter all your order information into the 2 columns
- A. In “Keyword” you will enter the part numbers of the items you want to purchase. You may enter Werner part numbers, manufacturer part numbers, customer part numbers or UPC codes.
- B. In “Quantity” you will enter the quantities of each part that you would like to purchase.
- 6. Once you have entered all of this information, save the file to your computer.
- 7. Click in the box that says “Choose File.” A window will pop up that allows you to browse the files on your computer. Find the file that you just saved, select it and click “Open.”
- 8. Before uploading the file, select Combine, Separate or Remove.
Combine: If your file contains 2 different lines of the same item, it will combine the quantities. For example, if you have 1 line of item #1234 with a quantity of 2 and another line of item #1234 with a quantity of 1, your upload will give you a total of 3 of item #1234.
Separate: If your file contains 2 different lines of the same item, it will keep the items as separate line items. For example, if you have 1 line of item #1234 with a quantity of 2 and another line of item #1234 with a quantity of 1, your cart should reflect exactly that.
Remove: If your file contains 2 different lines of the same item, it will remove the duplicate item.
- 9. Once the file is selected, click UPLOAD
- 10. Your results will load below the uploading area.
Added to Cart: Items with 1 perfect match will display here. They are automatically added to your cart. This should be the ideal result if you are entering any manufacturer, Werner, UPC or customer part number.
Items with Exceptions: If you had an item in your file whose quantity did not meet the minimum order requirement, that item will display here. You will need to click on the item and add it to your cart from the product page with the correct minimum order. You will want to do this LAST, after you review the remaining items. Once you click out of this Quick Order page, you will need to re-upload your file in order to view the items again. (this process will be fixed but until then this is how the feature works)
Multiple Results: If you entered numbers that were very similar for multiple items, those will display here. You can select which item is correct, click into the BULK OPTIONS dropdown above, and select “Add Items to Cart” (this process will also change but for now this is how the feature works)
No Matches: This will display item numbers that did not match any results.