Last updated: July 15, 2017
We believe in managing the privacy of individuals and making safe and ethical use of personal information that is provided to us via electronic channels.
Werner offers various services that are accessible to users through this Site, such as, for example, information about and/or access to Werner’s Products, e.g. electrical products, services and training. Such information includes brochures, manuals, specifications, flyers, etc. Other services include the ability to buy Products, access to a blog and other industry resources (collectively, the “Services”). Some Services are only available to users who have an account with Werner, such as purchasing Products. Other Services are available to anyone on the Site, such as learning more about the Products and viewing resources relating to the same.
This Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 and have reached this Site, please leave the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18, unless we have received consent from a parent or guardian.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, without consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable laws such as the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users, Account holders and users of Accounts of this Site and Services, including the information described below.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may occasionally offer additional events to users and Registered Users to communicate with us. If we offer such events to users, please note that we may collect and link such voluntarily submitted information with your IP address and/or browsing behavior in a way that makes such information personally identifiable information. If you do not want us to collect and/or link such information, please do not participate in such events. The below list of events identifies examples only and does not constitute the complete list of events that we may provide.
• Online surveys;
• Marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions;
• Fillable forms or fields;
• Requesting information about us, this Site and our Service, whether via email or other electronic means, e.g. the Contact Us page and Live Chat feature; and
• Forums or User Generated Content or submissions.
We may also collect management information on our email campaigns, such as whether you have read an email sent by us, when and how many times, etc. We will use this information to improve content and Services and to inform groups of users about relevant products and services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Although we largely only collect personally identifiable information from Registered Users, we collect non-personally identifiable information from everyone that accesses the Site and Services. We use this information to help make the Site and Services more useful and appealing to you and to better understand our users and Registered Users.
Some of the information we collect is through the use of marketing and/or web analytic partners such as Google Analytics. Such marketing partners collect information such as how often users visit this Site, what pages they visit when they do so, what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site and survey responses.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
• Collection of Usage Details and IP Address. As you navigate through this Site, we may collect details of your visits to this Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may also collect the webpage from which you came immediately before reaching the Site and the webpage to which you went immediately after leaving the Site. We may use this information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners.
• Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may set and access cookies on your computer and/or mobile device to track and store preferential information about you. You consent to our placement of cookies on your computer and/or mobile device. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop some cookies from being stored on your computer and/or mobile device and to delete some cookies stored on your computer and/or mobile device. If you choose to do so, however, certain aspects of this Site may be inaccessible or not function as expected.
• Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. We may use Web beacons to compile information regarding use of this Site.
• Collection with Mobile Device GPS. If you are using a mobile device to access or use the Site, we may use the GPS of the mobile device to identify your location. Any such identification is used only in connection with the functionality of the Site and will not be otherwise used, except in the aggregate with the location information from other users.
The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. If such information is combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information as described above.
We do not collect any financial information on this Site. If you make a debit or credit card payment online, we will ask you to enter all of your purchasing information, which will be securely sent to our payment processor, e.g. Vantiv eCommerce, LLC and/or Eclipse Merchant Services (Wells Fargo Bank). If you purchase Products based on credit, we will ask you to enter all of your purchasing information, which will be securely sent to our credit processor, e.g. Dunn and Bradstreet. You should not communicate credit card or other payment information via email, as it is not secure.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your non-personally identifiable information to:
• Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
• Ensure this Site and/or the Services are of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of this Site and/or the Services;
• Conduct internal reviews of this Site and/or the Services and administer this Site’s systems;
• Develop, enhance, and market our Products and Services or the products and services of third parties;
• Provide you with promotional materials, newsletters, offers, invitations to events and personalized information; and
• Manage our business and operations.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your personally identifiable information to:
• Confirm and complete transactions requested by you;
• Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
• Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
• Protect the security and integrity of this Site and Services;
• Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
• Provide administrative communications to you; and
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
We do not take your trust in sharing your personally identifiable information with us lightly or for granted. That is why we do not share your information with other unaffiliated, third party entities or companies for direct marketing purposes.
We also strive not to disclose more personally identifiable information than is necessary to complete a transaction, provide a requested service or to operate and improve the Site and/or Services so that they are useful to you. Therefore, we only share your personally identifiable information with third parties we trust, such as our purchasing processor(s), maintenance providers and/or marketing partners. Some of the categories of third parties we may share your personally identifiable information include:
• A person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your personally identifiable information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
• The holder(s) of an Account from which your access was granted;
• Our third party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, payment processing (e.g. Billtrust, Vantiv, Eclipse, etc.) and this Site’s and Services’ maintenance and security;
• Other third parties,:
o As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
o As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
o If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
o To enforce or protect our rights;
o As part of a Business Transfer, (defined below); and
o Our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Circumvention of Security Measures
Data Retention & Removal
We typically keep personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information for at least two years. Registered Users may close their Account by sending a request to email@example.com. Upon request, we will work with the Registered User in terminating their account and to remove select information we have collected about the Registered User. However, please note that we may disassociate posted content and information from the Registered User in lieu of removing the same. Further, not all information can be deleted such as information which has been aggregated or is archived. We may also retain select information to prevent, investigate or identify any wrongdoing in connection with the Site and/or Services or to satisfy other legal obligations.
Do Not Track Requests
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of this Site and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website. Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
User Generated Content
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
• Cookies. If you do not wish for us to collect cookies, you may set your browser to refuse some cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of this Site and/or Services may then be inaccessible or may not function properly.
• Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site and/or Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. For Registered Users who wish to review and update their personal information, please log into this Site and visit your account profile page and make any desired changes. For users who wish to review the information we have collected about you or someone for which you are the legal guardian, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to solicit select personally identifiable information in order to locate the information you are requesting and authenticate that you are the Registered User about which the information is requested or the legal guardian of the Registered User.
• Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, Digital Advertising Alliance or PrivacyChoice. You may be able to prevent member companies from collecting preference data about you by going to the website for such groups and following the directions. Note that if you opt out through these groups, you may still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Operation of this Site in the United States
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information or the personally identifiable information of someone for which you are the legal guardian, please contact us at any of the following:
• Via telephone: (866) 4-WERNER (4-937637)
Director of Marketing/Director of ERM
Werner Electric Supply Co.
P.O. Box 1897
4800 West Prospect Avenue
Appleton, Wisconsin 54914
• Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at email@example.com or in writing at:
Attn: Director of Marketing/Director of ERM
Werner’s Company, LLC
P.O. Box 1897
4800 West Prospect Avenue
Appleton, Wisconsin 54914Via
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.